Tuesday, April 7, 2009

R2 VLCD #23 - Damn You, Universe, Damn You.

The universe is playing tricks on me again. Remember when I got to my 10lb loss goal? And the very next day I gained .5lb? Well guess what? Remember how I got to my 20lb loss goal yesterday? Guess what happened today?! Yeah!? I'll even give you a minute.

...

...

...

YEP! I gained .5lb today! So every time I have a little happy-celebration-time, the Universe is all, "LOL JK! HAHHA ROFL 2 BAD 4U!" and I'm all, "f u".

Garsh darnit. I mean I know that it's NOTHING. It's ALWAYS NOTHING. hCG IS THE SWEET SWEET NECTARS OF THE GODS AND CAN DO NO WRONG, I KNOW. But it sure is frustrating seeing that delicious number go away. Victory was MINE! Now victory will have to be MINE TOMORROW. If I'm lucky. 

I was even contemplating not going for the extra week because I thought I'd reach my 120 goal by the end of this one, but now I don't know. I just doooon't know. 

And now for the "weight-gain-justification" portion of todays program:

1. Ate the damn salsa again last night. Too much salt? Perhaps!

2. Ate like 5.0163 cashews last night. Yes, that's 5 and a tiny chunk. 

3. The gawddamn Universe is out to get me. 

4. I have completely lost all ability to lose weight and I may as well just gorge myself on cake and Haagen Dazs because all is lost. 

Guess which one my brain is telling me it is?!?!? Ha! Fooled you! Not number 4! And that in itself is a victory, because a few months ago before I embarked on this madness, I would have concluded that (really just an excuse to eat poorly again. But now I know that. And knowing, is half the battle).

Tomorrow will be better, I know. I can feel the scale's nasty, cold fingers releasing its slimy grip on my cerebral cortex though, which is huge progress for me. A year ago, my whole day would have been ruined, instead of giving me just enough fuel to write a melodramatic blog posting :]

Yesterday's exercise:
Ran 3 miles outside
Walked 20 min with S and the pups

Yesterday on my plate was:
1/2 grapefruit with Splenda
100g chicken
A chunk of cucumber
1 small apple
100g ground beef
A few sips of pinot noir
5 or 6 cashews

Weight tracking:
+.5lb today
-9lbs this round
-19.5lbs overall DAMN YOU!!!

Me, Being Me, 
M

Amie - we can do it! I am determined to lose that 5lbs on my own. Unless I can't (harhar)

Applebottomblues - You, me and Amie, girl... we can do the 5lbs on our own! We totally can! 

Biz - Thank you fairyhCGmother!!

Dawn - Thank you! Although you should take it back since I gained today. Dammit! I am unworthy of your praise

3 comments:

  1. Srsly - tomorrow you will be back on the Sunshine and Rainbows Train! And you can be all like, "HAHAHAHA ROFLMAO I LOVE HCG CZ ITS ZUBR-FABULS AND 2BAD 4 THE H8TERZ!" That includes whatever Cosmic Water-Rentention God (cuz we know it was a MAN) that made you bump up that lilbitty half-pound. Hasta manana, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww nuts... doesn't that just suck?! That's why I sometimes ignore a milestone so I don't scare the darn thing away! It'll be back tomorrow though... don't you worry bout a thing. Water water go away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Milestones suck sometimes, but you know what? Maybe it is just the way the Universe is telling you to deal with the fluxes, making sure it's real, making sure you can come to the conclusion that your bigger than the disappoint, so maybe the Universe is actually trying to help you in your quest???

    ReplyDelete