Wednesday, April 1, 2009

R2 VLCD Day #17 - Re-Up The Drugs

It's that time again. That dreaded time. That time where life gets hard, times get tough, and you can't call on Miller Time to help you out.

It's that time in P2 where the weight loss slows down. DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNNNN!

As a loyal advocator of instant gratification, this is when protocol starts to get mentally trying. I'm losing. I'm not losing. I'm losing again. I'm fluctuating. I'M DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT GODDAMMIT!

I know it's normal but losing 1 pound a day is miiighty tasty. And when you get a taste of that mighty taste, you want MOOOOAAAAAR!!! 

I didn't lose anything today. There are a couple factors besides the normal ebbs and flows of le programme that could be contributing.

1. My hCG was at the end of the 5000i.u. vial. Could have been losing potency. I hadn't been feeling 100% the past two or so days (a bit hungry, tired), so this is probable.

2. Aunt Flo is (I think) here. I say "I think" because I got an IUD literally a few days before I started the round, and I have been spotting ever since (normal). It just got heavier and I'm crampy so I *think* she is here?

3. 126 - strange number, I know - could be kind of a "set point" for my body. I remembering hovering at this number for a loooooong time, even when I was trying to lose weight. 

4. My body lost enough weight last week that I am retaining water and will have a "woosh" soon.

The most probable cause is that it's "just that time again". Here I am grasping at straws to keep losing at an unreasonable rate. I know I am still losing, I just need to back The Crazy out of the "instant gratification" corner of my brain and into a synapse that involves slower, steady, progress.

Yesterday was my last shot of the old batch, so I mixed a new one up. I so conveniently didn't have any of the large mixing syringes left, so

I HAD TO USE ONE OF THE TINY ASS INJECTION ONES.

Do you know how much that sucks? Do you?? Well let me tell you. The tiny syringes are only .5mL. So if you need to add 6mL of air to something, you have to add TWELVE SYRINGES FULL. Needless to say, it took a while. But alas, I finished, CORRECTLY, I might add (this leaves a lot of room for error but I was quite meticulous) so now I have more liquid miracles to flood my belly button with. Enough for the last 11 days of this round + 7 more. I haven't decided if I am going to extend my round 7 days (I'm not sure if I have the stamina for that) or save them for another time, if I even need another time. I could just trash them in a month or so. They are frozen for now. 

I have a feeling that in 11 days I won't be terribly interested in going for another 7. We shall see. We shaaaall see.

Yesterday's exercise:
Ran 3 miles outside

Yesterday on my plate was:
1/2 of a grapefruit with Splenda
100g ground beef
Chunk of cucmber
1 small apple
100g of chicken

Weight tracking:
-0lbs today
-6.5lbs this round
-17lbs overall

My Crazy Is Showing,
M

Biz - Thank you thank you! Although today is another story :[

Applebottomblues - I just started doing a SERIOUS run in my last P3. I found I could eat basically whatever I wanted and maintain under my LIW. Now I'm not saying that this will be the same for everyone so don't go out and scarf cake and run a few miles and condemn me in the morning, but I found that it certainly gave me a LOT of leeway. That being said - I have ran a bit my whole life... it has never helped me lose, really, just maintain. 

1 comment:

  1. HA - how easy the scale dictates our mood eh? Oh yeah, just because a zero pops up, all of a sudden the protocol doesn't work. HA!

    You know the drill. I am not telling you anything new.

    Have you taken measurements?

    ReplyDelete