Tuesday, March 3, 2009

P3 Day #6: Returning to Earth

This entry talks a lot about poop (although not in great detail). You've been forewarned. 

Aaaaah I have never been so relieved to have a BM than I was this morning. Even if it cut my morning run a little bit short if you know what I mean. I officially feel back to "normal" again, whatever that is. Yes YES I have learned my lesson and I'm not doing THAT again! I swear I lost like 2lbs. I feel light as a feather!

This morning (before the gym and massive BM) I had lost another .5lb so I am creeping back down to where I was. Tomorrow morning I am SURE I will register more loss, which will be good. I'm almost positive that tomorrow morning will find me back at my LIW, if not lower, like I was before the Disaster WeekendTM. 

Ahh, sweet sweet relief.

In other news, yesterday was also the first day that I was able to eat enough to get within my range of calories needed for my basal metabolic needs, plus all the exercise I do, in order to maintain my LIW. And I still lost! I ate about 1700 calories. It seems like a lot when I look at that number, but I was actually hungry for it. I guess I *need* to eat food, or something. Imagine that! Without my exercise I need like 1300. Sometimes I have a hard time getting even that, so I am glad I am keeping track of my calories, so I ensure that I get ENOUGH! I never thought my problem would be that. I guess that goes to show why my weight has creeped up over the years... I am so afraid to eat too much that I have been under eating and screwing up my metabolism. Of course that isn't ALWAYS the case, I overate some too, but mainly I wasn't eating enough. I know that now. 

Moral of the story: Counting calories can be a royal B*TCH, but it seems like it's necessary, at least until I get a good handle on what 1400-1700 calories is just on my own. I'm measuring out all my food so I can get a good idea of what "2 tablespoons" or "150 grams" is. Health for life, woooooohoo!

Yesterday's exercise:
Ran 3 miles on a 2.5 incline at 4.0
Walked 1.4 miles with S and the puppies

Yesterday on my plate was:
Pork rinds + sour cream - 200c
1/2 Grapefruit + Splenda - 45c
1 chicken and artichoke sausage - 160c
Chunk of cucumber with ranch - 140c
Dry roasted unsalted peanuts - 100c
1 chicken artichoke sausage - 160c
Pork rinds + sour cream - 250c
3 deviled eggs - 150c
1/2 roasted stuffed pepper - 300c
tasting things while cooking :] ~ 200c
Total calories: 1750

Weight tracking:
-.5lb today
-9 change overall 
+1lb over LIW

Shrinking, Again,
M

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh... Nothing better than a good BM to brighten the day! ;D Seriously, I feel you.

    Best of luck getting your portions/calories right. I still don't have my FOOD SCALE! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Actually... as you wrote that comment, I was sitting here trying to ignore my growling tummy! VLCD Day 1 today - I'll post the day's results later. But yeah, I loaded on some yuuuuummmy stuff. I mean... Nasty, fat-making crap! Yeah.

    ReplyDelete