Wednesday, March 25, 2009

R2 VLCD Day #10 - Sweet Sweet Masochism

s is out of town

S Is Out Of Town

S IS OUT OF TOWN!!!

What does that mean to me besides crying myself to sleep in a cold, empty bed (well, not entirely true - I let our dachshund sleep with me last night SSHHH DON'T TELL), piping up to tell him about something cool only to find he's not there, and feeling like half of me is missing? It means that...

I HAVE TO STAB MYSELF.

I will now repeat that for dramatic emphasis.

I HAVE TO STAB MYSELF. 

I know you brave souls that do this daily are out there, and are possibly even reading this blog. But I AM NOT ONE OF YOU. I can stab my friend H (who started the protocol btw - I'll get to that later). I could stab S. Never had to, but I could. I can stab anyone else, all day long! Stab! Stabbity Stab Stab Stab! But me? Stab MYSELF? Are you KIDDING?!

So there I was.... 6am and up for my morning run, standing naked in the kitchen. 

Vial sterilized? Check. 
Needle filled? Check. 
Tummy sterilized? Check. 

Holding the syringe half an inch from my skin. I thought "Hey! No problem! I can totally do this." and I tried. Where "tried" means my brain said "Ok, one... two... three... GO!" about 50 times while my hand was off in la la land listening to some Pearl Jam and completely disregarding the message. 

At this point I felt my legs get a leeeetle wobbly and my fingers shake a bit. This was not working. So I sat down on a kitchen chair and regrouped. I think I have to do this sitting down. Well when I sat down, Einstein our 5 month old maltese puppy of course put his front paws up on my knee, and Tango our dachshund sat there and stared at me. Now I had an AUDIENCE! Wheee this keeps getting better! So cold puppy paws and all (I think they gave me support) I closed my eyes, wound up, and stabbed. 

Needle in skin? Check.
Push in the liquid miracles? Check.

The whole ordeal seriously took me about 12 minutes (not like I checked or anything... *shifty eyes*) but in the end I DID IT! Wooooooo go M! 

I'm sure it gets better each time you do it but I sure am glad that tomorrow is the last morning that I am going to have to impale my own body. Believe you me. 

Ok so now that I am done being all dramatic (it's in my nature, what can I say?), I lost another pound today. Wooooo I am back to where I was on Friday before my weekend of devil worshipping and greed. 

So that means that if all goes well, tomorrow (TOMORROW!) I SHOULD be in the 120's! 130 is sort of a "set point" for my body. A few years ago I went from the low 120's to 130 and I wouldn't budge much below that point. 

BE GONE, 130! FOREVER!

Yesterday's exercise:
Ran 3 miles outside

Yesterday on my plate was:
1/2 grapefruit with Splenda
100g beef with onions
1 small apple
100g chicken

Weight tracking:
-1lb today
-2.5lbs this round
-13lbs overall

Lonely, Oh So Lonely,
M

3 comments:

  1. Awwww... lonely M. I think we ALL went through that same thing on our first injections... except for Nakia. I think he was man-ing up cus he was in front of me, but I KNOW I DID! 12 minutes huh? That's not so bad... I might have you beat though. It doesn't happen so much anymore though, but I decided to switch to my thigh yesterday & I had a hard time switching from the familiar tummy area. Yaaaay M! You stabbed YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Oh yeah, I remember it well. That first time, except it took me like 15 minutes and I was in tears the entire time and I was on the phone with my sister who was laughing at me. HA! - GOOD FOR YOU OVERCOMING THE FEAR!

    And look at you in the 120's shortly! WHODA THUNK???

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{woozing, heaving}} There's a reason I do SL :).

    I'm amazed by your running. I have running dreams sometimes and when I wake up, I lace up my shoes, head out the front door, and wonder what the h*ll I was thinking by the time I hit the neighbor's driveway. You give me hope. ~Gina

    ReplyDelete