Monday, March 2, 2009

P3 Day #5: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned

Ooooh. Oooooohhhhh it was a baaaad weekend diet wise. Oh yes, yes my friends and faithful readers, I feel the need to confess. 

Friday was good. Friday was really good. S and I went and saw Cavalia (Cirque De Soleil with horses) and were good. No gain after that, on Saturday. We got some cashews and a hot dog which we split, sans bun or any dressings, just to get some calories in. Then we went home I made some DELICIOUS coconut bark and peanut butter fudge that I found on www.happilythinnerafter.com. SO good. I probably ate a little too much of that, and had some wine, but no change on the scale. 

Saturday I went to the gym in the morning because I was feeling motivated, and then went to Costco. Uh oh. Costco on the weekend has all sorts of delicious samples. I really didn't eat many of them at all, but the ones I did had BREAD. Delicious WHITE bread. With spinach and artichoke dip on it. *drools* 

But I limited myself. I got what I needed and went home. We were having a barbecue. So I made my OWN spinach and artichoke dip (P3 legal of course) which was amazing, and a huge hit. I probably ate too much of that, with pork rinds as my vehicle, so I didn't eat any chips. I didn't really eat much non P3 legal stuff, I just ate a LOT. I had chicken, and a part of a sausage, coco crack, P3-legal pb fudge, guacamole (again with pork rinds, not chips) 3 or 4 glasses of wine...and THEN a small tortilla *gasp* (with carne asada, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and cheese...). But only one, and it was small. Still, doesn't matter because on Sunday...

I HAD A 4 POUND GAIN!

I'll say it again for additional humiliation

I HAD A 4 POUND GAIN!

There. I said it. I was contemplating not telling you, but that would really not do me any good. Seriously, when I woke up on Sunday, I felt like I had eaten an entire brick house. There was still food in my stomach! Not to mention I was bloated from wine, and not enough water. So all that combined led to my extreme gain. 

Sunday morning I went on a pretty strenuous hike with T, so I felt a little better after that. Then I drank some smooth move (which has still not fully taken effect). 

I STILL feel like I have cement in my intestines. I ate literally 1 chicken sausage, half of a grapefruit and a banana on Sunday. I wasn't even hungry for THOSE, but I needed to eat something before my hike (banana) and afterwards (sausage) and then at 8pm I had the half of a grapefruit. I probably had 300 calories yesterday. I'm STILL not hungry.

So I ate more than I should have, but I didn't eat a lot for my old ways of eating. Not enough to warrant this kind of intestinal disruption anyways. I guess my body just isn't used to putting it away anymore.

Anyhoo, this morning before the gym I was back down 1lb from where I was yesterday, and I expect more tomorrow after smooth move helps me regain normality, and I increase my water intake now that I have marginal room in my stomach to PUT water. 

I feel so ashamed. I mean I know it's just "food sitting in my intestines" weight, along with water weight from HAVING so much food in my intestines and not drinking enough, but still. To see that 4lb gain I was pretty mortified! But I am back within my 2lb of LIW range so I shouldn't cry too much. I just won't ever do THAT again. 

Anyhoo, I am going to eat extremely "clean" until I at least get back down to LIW (hopefully tomorrow) and preferably back UNDER it so I have some "wiggle" room. I am still going to the gym every day in the morning, so that helps as well.

Yesterday's exercise:
Strenuous hike with T (1 hour 45 min?)

Yesterday on my plate was:
1 banana - 90c
1 chicken sausage with artichoke and garlic - 160c
1/2 of a grapefruit with Splenda - 45c
Total calories: 295 (read: and not hungry b/c still full from the day before - UGH!)

Weight tracking:
-1lb today
-8.5lb change overall
+1.5lb over LIW

Shame, OH THE SHAME,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment