Thursday, February 26, 2009

P3 Day #1: Journey Into the Unknown

I am OFFICIALLY in Phase 3! *Throws a party, does a dance, gets drunk and passes out* For you non-HCG programme experts, P3 is when the HCG is totally out of your body and it is completely safe to eat all the junk food, carbs, sugar, fat, ANYTHING again that you have been depriving yourself of over the last x amount of days that you were shooting up. 

Wait, that's not right...it's 3 weeks of Atkins-like eating (proteins, fats, veggies, and  select fruits) in order to stabilize your weight. The idea is that if you MAINTAIN (meaning not going more than 2lbs under or over) your last injection weight for 3 weeks, you will be more successful at keeping that weight even if you start to relax your eating a bit more. I think it sounds logical, but S may or may not think it's kind of hokey. 

However my P3 is not a *real* P3 in that in 2.5 weeks I am going back on P2 and the VLCD of horror and  doom (and, subsequently, weight loss).

So while the fact that I lost another .5lb this morning should send me into an alert "I-am-getting-too-close-to-the-limit-of-what-I-can-fluctuate-in-P3" mode, I don't really mind. In fact, if you don't tell anyone....I LIKE it. That puts me at a 11.5lb loss so far! 

I talked to S about it a little this morning and he said since I am still eating well and losing, it is likely due to my new exercise routine, and it's ok. My logic is that + the fact that I am just sort of trying to hover here for a few weeks until I can get back to losing on P2 for another 23 days. I do not want to go OVER my LIW in this 2.5 weeks, but under I can do. I will stabilize for real after my next P2 round. Does that make sense? It does in my head. 

So today I brought more food with me, since I am supposed to up my calories. I have a bit of cheese, and a tad of ranch salad dressing even! No carby stuff, just a little fat added in. I have never been so excited for a spinach, cheese and ranch salad in my life. I don't know how long I am going to be able to hold off before I eat it. We'll see how it effects my weight tomorrow :]

Yesterday's exercise:
1 hour at 3.6 on a 4.5 incline

Yesterday on my plate was:
100g lean beef
1 Grapefruit with Splenda
A chunk of cucumber
~130g of lean beef (uppin' it a little!)
1 apple
4 cups of jasmine green tea

Weight tracking:
-.5lbs today
-11.5lbs change overall
-1.5lbs under LIW

FULL OF ENERGY,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment