Friday, February 6, 2009

VLCD Day #5.5: I Hereby Declare...

...today, to be national no-hunger day.

Because since I'm not hungry, no one is, right? Isn't that the egocentric way to view the world? THANK GOD I'm not that deluded. 

But really! I'm good! Fine! Nope, don't need that second fruit just yet! It was noon before I even realized I hadn't eaten my apple yet. It was 2:30 before I realized it was way past lunch time and I should probably eat my delicious re-heated, somewhat tasteless, chicken breast portion. Which I had to eat with my hands. Because I forgot to bring a fork. Reppin' the cave woman style. I feel ever so primitive. 

I was ever-so-gently schooled today on www.happilythinnerafter.com that my loss today was nothing abnormal and I shouldn't be such a maniac. Of course they didn't say that, they are all really really sweet over there. If you haven't checked it out yet you should... there is a WEALTH of knowledge (I'm talkin' like a year's salary worth, not a paycheck or two), and really really supportive members and moderators. 

I ALSO learned that the tomato-a-day I have been eating is actually a FRUIT (which, of course, I KNEW tomatoes were fruits but you know how weird and ambiguous and easy to forget that is) and I should be subbing that for one of my apples, which may be harmful to eat two in one day. Unless, of course, you are doing an apple day, where you eat six. *Ponders*

So! I am changing my diet up to include one apple and one tomato a day as my fruits, and for my veggies to be cucumber slices during the day, and onion cooked with my evening FLESH (gross - I don't know why I just said that). 

By the way the beef and onion and garlic and chili powder concoction of wonder that I cooked last night was PURE AMAZINGNESS. I hope to (insert your holy being here) that's not what made me lose so little. 

wait...NO! NOOOO! NO! BAD M! BAAAAD! I didn't lose "so little" today. I lost just fine thankyouverymuchMEEEEE. Psssh. 

All of the ingredients are on the "morally acceptable" list, and the amounts were proper too. The only thing I haven't eaten until then was the onion. And the garlic. And the chili powder. Ok maybe the only thing I HAD eaten was the beef. Dammit I hope I am not "resistant" to any of that because those are what I love best! I love aaaanything that makes you reek for several days after you eat it. 

BUT NO! I didn't lose little. So all of those things are fine. Just fiiiiiine *crazy eye*.

Less Insanity Tomorrow - I Promise,
M

Oh I just wanted to add, that it was my Snack Friday at work (my invention - someone brings in snacks every Friday for all the participants to enjoy - it rotates) and I brought in mini Ben n Jerry's single-serving ice creams for everyone, and I didn't even have the urge to have one. Not at all! *proud*

No comments:

Post a Comment