Monday, February 16, 2009

VLCD Day #15: DEVIATION!

Here we are again, on the Monday after the weekend. Again, we were out of town, so I couldn't weigh myself on Sunday morning. 

I'm kind of glad.

This weekend was not completely the best diet weekend in the world. I did pretty well though, considering. All the way down to Tucson, I stayed on the programme... even at the gem show I got a chicken caesar salad without the dressing and discarded the cheese and croutons. So basically, chicken, lettuce and 3 tinier than tiny tomatoes. 

Then things went awry. 

We stopped at a wine store and purchased some Valentines celebratory vino. The four of us got 3 bottles. We drank two. For how tipsy I got, you'd have thought I drank both of the bottles by myself, although I only had about 2.5 glasses of it. I don't know for sure because it my glass wasn't empty when it was refilled. I can generally finish a bottle by myself and be comfortably functional between tipsy and drunk, but that is not the case on this madness!

I think it was a combination between the facts that I hadn't (and couldn't) eat anything absorbent all day, and the funky hormones that I am mainlining every morning. I mean I wasn't obliterated or anything, it just snuck up on me. 

Dinner was FANTASTIC! We went to a little restaurant called Kingfisher that is one of S and my favorites from when we lived in T-Town. I had a steak grilled sans butter, and veggies. The problem is that the steak had some sort of (delicious) sauce on it that didn't taste very programme-legal. I was tipsy enough that I didn't really care, and hungry enough that I probably would have bitten anyone's hand off who dared to take it away from me. I ate a bit more than my 100g too, but I gave the rest to S, who is doing a modified version of the programme, as he doesn't need to lose 1lb per day. He "needs" to lost 10 lbs in 43 days. 

I thought I did O.K., but after all the wine and the steak sauce and then the omelette the next morning (prepared with only whites and no cheese or butter) I didn't lose anything this weekend. But that is also O.K. because I didn't gain either.

I stepped on that scale this morning prepping myself for like a 3lb gain, telling myself that it wasn't fat and that it would come right off, but it wasn't even needed! I think that's why I'm not to devastated about the standstill. I totally deserve it. And it was totally worth it. 

I am not going to do it again, but I have been doing so well that it was a welcomed break, and sort of a treat. And the fact that it didn't screw me up just means my stars are aligned and I deserved the treat :] Or at least that's how I would like to look at it thankyouverymuch! And really, I didn't totally bomb or anything, all things considered I was pretty angelic :]

Oh by the way, S got me an AMAZING Valentines Day gift at the gem show... a beautiful Blue Topaz, Amethyst and Diamond necklace. Blue Topaz is my birth stone, and Amethyst is February (V day!) It's so gorgeous! I was totally not expecting that! :D

Yesterday's exercise:
Nothing

Yesterday on my plate was:
1 egg white omelette, prepared with no cheese or butter, only peppers, bits of ham, and onion
2 strawberries
1 piece of canadian bacon (grilled dry)
2 cups of coffee with 2 Tbsp whole milk
1 apple
100g of lean steak 

Weight tracking:
-0lb today
-8.5lb change overall

The Neighborhood Deviant,
M

1 comment:

  1. M, I used to be a huge blogger at one time but got out of the habit, but am looking to change that again cause I absolutely LOVE blogging. You are on my list of daily runs now, so watch out! HA! Well anyway! We really enjoy having you on the forums an looking forward to getting to know you a bit better here.

    ReplyDelete