Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VLCD Day #17: Shapeshifter

The word "shapeshifter" generally incites images in your head of ancient Native American legends, X-Men, or Nickelodeon Gak. But in this case, I'm talking about me.

I noticed this morning, as I have at other periods in my life where I am losing more than a few pounds of weight, that weight loss compared with how good you look is not always linear. Let me explain.

Today I put on a favorite shirt of mine, a shirt I tried on last week and it looked fabulous. Although I am several pounds lighter this week, I think it looked better on me then. Why? Because my waist was more defined last week. It seems that I have lost some weight in my "love handles", making me look more like a block, and less like an hourglass. I'm not complaining, I just feel like I'm at an awkward point. Do we not lose weight all over at a steady rate? It certainly doesn't seem like it. 

Well I told T about the programme last night and she actually took it really well. S said she would, I just didn't know! She is a very all-natural kind of person. She totally understood. I felt good about that :] She said she had been concerned because she realized she never saw me eat or drink anymore, and was worried that I was losing weight in an unhealthy way. 

So everything is peachy here in the life of an M, with the exception of some people at my work being beyond incompetent, but I suppose I deal with that on a daily basis. 

Yesterday's exercise:
Nothing

Yesterday on my plate was:
200g Beef (split between 2 meals
1 serving of cooked onion with my evening beef
1/2 of a grapefruit with Splenda
2 cups of coffee with 1 Tbsp whole milk and Splenda
1 apple with Walden Farms Caramel Dip (yum! and guilt free!)

Weight tracking:
-.5lb today
-10lb change overall (fiesta!)

Irritated At My Co-Workers,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment