Thursday, February 12, 2009

VLCD Day #11: They Don't Taste Like Grapes, Though

O...M...G.....the gym helped SO much! I felt so fabulous afterwards. I want to go EVERY DAY. I know that's not feasible because I have such a busy life, but every day that I can! I actually felt euphoric afterwards, like someone had injected happy sauce directly into my brain. 

My gym pants are quite loose. Which is a) nice because it signifies that I am losing weight, and b) annoying because the last thing you want to have to do while you are working out is hike your pants up every 5 steps. I'm sure everyone around me is all "GEEZ! JUST GET SOME PANTS THAT FIT ALREADY YOU HUSSY!" Im SORRY if my butt crack peeked out once or twice, I'm tryin' here!

But... small price to pay for weight loss! Woot woot! Yes, you cycle away behind me on your elliptical listening to bad 90s music and re-living your youth, I have a secret that would change your LIFE... if you didn't think I was crazy! Bwa ha ha hahahaaaaaaaa.

Speaking of thinking I'm crazy... I told my Dad about this programme of insanity this morning. He was actually really interested! My family has always been extremely weight-conscious... not necessarily always successful at it, but conscious. My parents have tried every diet under the sun, from Atkins to Cabbage Soup. Like me, it never really worked. Except the whole I'm-Not-Going-To-Eat-At-All-Throughout-My Highschool-Career-Diet that killed my metabolism. He listened to what I told him about it, congratulated me on my weight loss, and inquired about the price and where to get it. I think he would be really good at this...thing, he is really diligent about sticking to them, as long as they work. And boooy does this work.

I lost another .5lb this morning! Party tiiiiime in my (loose) pants! I also re-discovered grapefruit yesterday. OMG. I thought I had died. I used to eat it all the time, but somehow along my unhealthy way, I decided I liked bagels for breakfast better. And donuts. And chocolate. (kidding). But it was deleeeeectable. I sliced that puppy in half and put it in the most adorable pink with white polka-dot oversized tea cup that my Grandma gave me for Christmas, doused it in Splenda and scooped it out and had little orgasms in my mouth for a good 10 minutes. And I brought the other half for lunch today. I'm going to eat it RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!

Yesterday's exercise:
1 hour walk at 3.3 on a 4.5 incline
15 minute walk at 3.3

Yesterday on my plate was:
Buffalo Chicken Salad (100g chicken and veggie portion - lettuce, green onion and celery)
An apple
Half of a grapefruit with Splenda
100g of Filet Mignon cooked with onions 

Weight tracking:
-.5lb today
-7.5lb change overall

Your Friendly Neighborhood Needle Junky,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment