Wednesday, February 25, 2009

VLCD Day #24: Crushed

My car, not my ego. I was rear ended on the way to work today! What a load of crap! The (slightly crazy) lady even had the nerve to get out of her car, look at my bumper, and before I had even stepped foot on the pavement come to my window and say "It's ok! There's no damage! It's alright!" and start to go back to her car. As I got out she was like "Really! See? No damage! It's ok!" and start to wave good bye. 

Oh no. Nooo no no no. I was like "Sorry. It doesn't work like that." and so we pulled over and I got her (expired) insurance and phone number and address and signature in blood and promised me her first grandchild.

I have a moral dilemma here. It's not AWFUL, I could live with it I suppose, but I can see the damage if I go up within a few feet of it. I could be nice, and just let her off, or I could exercise my right as a citizen whose car has been hit and get it fixed and make her pay. Or I could make her pay what it would cost to fix, and buy a video camera which S and I have been jonesing for. Hmmmm. She doesn't have collision  insurance, just liability, so she would be giving me cash out of her pocket. She doesn't have collision insurance but she has a Tom Tom. Which she was staring at when she hit me. Interesting. Her whole "Oh no just forget about it" attitude bugs me. She hit me. It's her fault. Don't try to blow it off like you stepped on my foot, you HIT MY CAR. I had literally been stopped at that light for a full minute when she hit me! It's not like I stopped short or something and I was sort of being a jackass!

Ahem! Anyways! Last night T and I had an impromptu Mardi Gras get together. I had a glass of wine and one of her tiny buffalo wings (meanwhile she had a whole PLATE of buffalo wings, salad with bleu cheese dressing, a loaf of amazing bread in a cheesy vinaigrette, a glass of wine and a girly drink... did I mention she is tiny?), with a tad of ranch dressing on it. Guess what? I didn't gain anything! Neener neener neeeeeener! I am still 1lb under my last injection weight and I feel pretty darn good about that. And I had that on top of my regular 500 calorie intake. 

You know what else I feel pretty darn good about? Working out in the morning. I don't know if I mentioned HOW AMAZINGLY AWESOME IT IS. Srsly. Today is the 3rd day of it, I am not having problems getting up in the morning, and I feel like I am walking on clouds all day until I have to force myself to go to bed even though I am not tired. 

EVERYONE should do this. I think it is my "answer". And by "answer" I mean "fitting exercise into my schedule in a way that doesn't make me want to open fire on a crowd of unsuspecting people". I actually.... wait for it... ENJOY IT. ::gasp::

So today is my last day of 500 calories. I am glad...I can feel the HCG wearing off in the sense that I am starting to get even hungrier. Not starving, but my tummy is rumbling a bit more than when I was on the last of the presumably diluted shots. I upped my calories a bit yesterday and I am going to a bit more today, even though I know you're not actually "supposed" to until 72 hours after your last dose. Just by like 200 calories each day, so I think I'm ok. After all, I did that and drank wine which is NOT on le programme and it didn't bother me. I think the gym time helps too. 

Yesterday's exercise:
1 hour at 3.6 on a 4.5 incline

Yesterday on my plate was:
100g lean beef prepared with Walden Farms BBQ Sauce <--- YUM!
1 Grapefruit with Splenda
A chunk of cucumber
1 glass of Cabernet Sauvignon
1 small (2") buffalo wing dipped in ranch dressing
100g of lean beef in hot sauce and the WF BBQ sauce
4 cups of jasmine green tea

Weight tracking:
-0lbs today
-11lbs change overall
-1lb under LIW

With Mangled Car, But Not Spirits,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment