Tuesday, February 10, 2009

VLCD Day #9: La La-La La La La Life Is WONDERFUL

If you haven't heard "Life Is Wonderful" by Jason Mraz, you are missing out. In fact for every one song you haven't heard by Jason Mraz, your life is deducted 1 happy point on a Complete Happiness Scale of 1: being deeply depressed, to 10: being the happiest person to ever exist. Depending on your expertise in all things Jason Mraz, you may be in the negative. And THAT is no way to live, people. I, for one, am so much in the EXTREME positive that my cup runneth over, which I shall share with you, faithful readers, until you fulfill your full happiness potential via Jason Mraz music. 

In other (possibly more relevant) news, I RELEASED another pound today! This time I took it to a nice wooded area next to a lake, with plenty of vegetation and various wildlife to eat, so I am sure it will be fine. I may go back and check on it from time to time, but I assure you I don't want it in my life again. Maybe I'll see it someday in a new home, on the woman in the drive-through line at McDonalds. Or the guy walking into the Krispy Kreme shop perhaps. I will smile faintly, and perhaps wave in acknowledgement of our time together, but shall I invite it back? Nay, nay I say. It's in a better place.

Last night I made a Chinese Chicken Salad that I found in the Phase 2 recipe section of www.happilythinnerafter.com. It was really good! I modified the sauce a bit though, 1/4 cup of Splenda seemed like a TON.  Here was my recipe:

Salad:
1 serving of chicken, sautéed and chopped
1/3 cup chopped lettuce
1/3 cup chopped cabbage

Sauce (enough for 3 or 4 salads):
A bit under 1/2 cup rice vinegar
1.5 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce (no sugar, no carbs)
6 Splenda packets

Mix the sauce well and microwave for about 30 seconds, pour 1/4 of it over the salad, and save the rest for another 3 or 4 salads!!

YUM! And SO easy! I also tried making Cinnamon Sugar Apples. They were delish too. Definitely dessert worthy.

1 apple, cut into bite sized chunks
1.5 packets of Splenda, sprinkled evenly over the apple chunks
Cinnamon to your heart's content, sprinkled over the apples

Then microwave the apple for about a minute and a half (until hot and kind of soft) and OMG. It's like apple pie or something. 

I will definitely be repeating this one as well! It's so good I can envision myself eating this after this madness is over too, for a sweet snack. I am REALLY excited to try more of the recipes on that site, the people there are so full of awesome ideas!

I think I am going to start documenting not what is on my plate for today, but what I ate yesterday. With all these new recipes I never know what I am going to have for dinner, when I blog mid-day! 

Yesterday's exercise:
Walked for 1 hour at 3.3 on a 4.5 incline
Walked for 20 minutes at 3.0 

Yesterday on my plate was:
A chunk of cucumber
100g lean beef
A tomato with salt
Chinese Chicken Salad (100g chicken and veggie portion - cabbage and lettuce)
An apple with Splenda and cinnamon
4 cups of jasmine green tea

Weight tracking:
-1lb today
-7lbs change overall

Yours Shrinking (no really, I am SHRINKING) Truly,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment