Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pretend like this was written yesterday...

Ok so I know this blog is called The Month Of Zen, and HCG lasts for 43 days, but A Little Over A Month And A Half Of Zen doesn't sound quite as nice, does it. So bear with me here :]

I'm M, and I have some weight to lose. I'd love to lose about 20-25 lbs on this "protocol", but I'm not that tall and I don't have a TON of weight to lose, so I don't know how realistic that really is. Speaking of "protocol", I don't really know what to call this. Diet doesn't work, and protocol sounds pretentious. Some people call it a journey but I think that's rather ridiculous sounding as well. I suppose for some it's a journey - for me I just want to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle and eating habits afterwards.

I took my first injection of .25cc of HCG this morning at 10am. Or rather my husband (S) gave it to me. When I saw the needle it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. It's only about a half an inch long and really thin. I get the feeling that I could probably do it myself after a few days. We'll see. I couldn't even really feel it.

I don't really "feel" anything, but that's to be expected. It doesn't kick in for several days. For this reason, the first two days of injections are "loading days". You must eat as much fatty food as you can. You need to build your fat reserves so that for the first few days on the Very Low Calorie Diet (from here on referred to as VLCD) you don't starve, while the HCG hasn't began to work.

I liked the idea of these loading days - eating deliciously sinful foods for a PURPOSE - but it's 1:20 pm, I've had a (rather large) slice of pizza with ranch dressing, a few Costco samples, and I'm pretty full. I refuse to push myself past confort level of eating, so that's all for now. I am going to take a little nap and see how I feel afterwards.

As for what HCG is and how it works - google it. I am not going to go into the details, and chances are if you have found this blog, you already know what it is and how it works.

Over and out,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment