Tuesday, February 24, 2009

VLCD Day #23: Off the Juice

So today, day 'o days, was the first morning in almost a month that I haven't been stabbed before going to work. It's a healthy feeling, getting up, getting dressed, and not inserting a needle into your body. 

Speaking of healthy, I have been going to the gym in the morning, before I go to work! Where "have been" means "today and yesterday". But I LOVE it! A big fight between me and the gym is that after work, I am run down and just want to veg and relax. Going to the gym then sucks, because I have close to zero motivation. But going in the MORNING! I have the ability to wake up early, so that's not an issue for me. And I feel so energized all day! EVEN after work! So in essence, it is giving me more productive hours because after work I don't feel like dying on the couch with Spongebob Squarepants and a pint of Haagen Daas. Not that I ever did that anyways, but you get the idea. 

A friend, on Facebook, gave me this quote which I love:

"I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing"
-Marsha Doble

Well put, Marsha, you are a wise, wise woman. 

This way, I am also going 5 days a week instead of 4, because I prefer to keep my weekday sleep-schedule the same. No waking up at 6:30 one morning, and then 7:45 the next. That messes with my clock. You know, the one wedged between your heart and your lungs. 

I FEEL EMPOWERED!

That is all :]

Oh wait, no it's not. I lost 1 lb today, but I think I can entirely attribute that to the 4 fiber pills and 2 cups of Smooth Move Tea (yes, the same one that ONE cup made me about DIE) because I realized I hadn't crapped in over a week. Yes, my metabolism REALLY shut down. This break is much needed. 

If you're REALLY paying attention to my blog (and I'm sure no one looks this closely) you'll notice that I added another section to the "Weight tracking" portion of my daily log. LIW = Last Injection Weight. On this programme of programmes, one is not supposed to go 2lbs above or below the weight that they were at when they took their last injection. The reason for this is that you are supposed to stabilize for 3 weeks so your body can set a new "weight point" that it wants to hang around at. If you are fluctuating all over the place during the 3 weeks, this won't happen and you will probably gain it back. Just a little explanation. 

Yesterday's exercise:
1 hour at 3.6 on a 4.5 incline

Yesterday on my plate was:
100g lean beef
1 grapefruit with Splenda
A chunk of cucumber
100g of lean beef over a spinach salad prepared with Walden Farms bleu cheese and Emeril's hot sauce
1 apple
4 cups of green tea

Weight tracking:
-1lb today
-11lbs change overall
-1lb under LIW (last injection weight)

Conqueror of Mornings,
M

1 comment:

  1. You are the woman for getting up to exercise. I've made it a goal to start working out... after I hit my "goal" weight. LOL Bad, I know. Thanks for the update - happy stabilizing! ~*~

    ReplyDelete