Wednesday, February 4, 2009

VLCD Day #3: Sweet Release

So according to some of the HCG sites I have visited, I am not supposed to say I am "losing" weight. Evidently this has some sort of negative connotation in your brain, so your body tries to hold on to your fat.

So let me get this straight. If I say I want to LOSE weight, my body somehow goes into freakout-I-don't-want-to-LOSE-anything-DON'T-TAKE-PART-OF-ME-AWAY-PLEASE-I-LIKE-ME-JUST-FINE-mode, and I don't "lose" a pound, no matter how hard I workout, how carefully I diet? Let me ask you. If you go get liposuction, and they take out 10 lbs, and you say "I lost weight" your body will suddenly, without explanation, gain 10 lbs back in order to not have "lost" anything??

Does this sound sane to you?

So this morning, according to what I have read, I RELEASED 2 lbs into the world. Fare well, 2 lbs, I hope you find your rightful place, hopefully on, say, Nicole Richie (who in my opinion looked AMAZING about 10 lbs heavier) and not back on my ass. I promise I didn't lose you, I let you go. LET YOU GO! BE FREE! GO!

So if any of you find the 2 lbs I released out there in the world, do yourself a favor and leave it be. It never did me any good, and it won't you, either.

This morning I woke up and was feeling pretty good. I hopped on the scale and saw the lbs gone, and of course felt fantastic. Took my shot as normal, drove to work, and then proceeded to STARVE. I don't mean "hey, I could go for a burger right now if you're up for one too" kind of hungry, I'm talking ravenous. I usually eat my first apple around 11am, since you for whatever reason are not supposed to eat in the morning on this...this....THING I am doing, but I absolutely devoured that sucker at 9:50am. My cube mate, H, probably thought I had eaten something like 500 calories yesterday and nothing since, to be that hungry. Wait......

Now I feel fine. But MAN I needed that apple. Even my delicious Jasmine Green Tea was making me feel nauseous. Hey! WHEN is that "I'M ONLY EATING ENOUGH FOR A 3 YEAR OLD OR A RUNWAY MODEL BUT SOMEHOW I'M MAGICALLY NOT HUNGRY" thing kick in!? huh?! HUH?!

Ok. Breathe. Patience. Actually, it's really not that bad. I'm just being dramatic. Hey, I'm a Sagittarius, it's what I do :] But I DID feel the wrath of whatever lord you worship within me not 40 minutes ago before I ate that apple.

Onto the stats!

Yesterday's exercise:
1 hour walk at 3.3 with 4.5 incline

Today on my plate is:
100g of lean, trimmed, steak
100g of chicken breast
2 apples
1 tomato

4 cups jasmine green tea
(didn't eat my 2nd veggie - just wasn't hungry)

Weight tracking:
-2lbs today
-2lbs change overall



Full of delicious organic apple and happiness and sunshine,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment