Friday, February 13, 2009

VLCD Day #12.5: B-A-N-A-N-A-S

About this time every day (or rather about half an hour ago - 3:30pm). I fail. I cannot do "desk" anymore. Suddenly, there is a string on my jeans I need to pick at. Or I have a hangnail that needs immediate attention. I start finding excuses to get up every 5-10 minutes to walk around the office.

I don't think I was made to do this corporate-sit-on-your-ass-all-day-thing. It's more mentally painful than it is physically, even. I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS OFFICE. LIKE NOW. Perhaps if I had a window or something it would be better. I need some fresh air and sunshine. 

On a bright note, I successfully avoided my FAVORITE (and I'm not joking this time) chocolate covered banana from Edible Arrangements. 

I'm not kidding people... if you are ever in the mood for chocolate ANYTHING, get a chocolate covered banana from Edible Arrangements. Rather, you'll have to get like 20 chocolate covered banana chunks in the shape of a bouquet because well, that's what they do. But they are SO GOOD!

But when offered a piece of the bouquet of dreams, I opted for the only programme-legal "flower" on it. A plain strawberry. How very valiant/boring of me. 

Not to mention I got a Valentine Heart Box of chocolates from one of our executives. So now I have 4 truffles nestled safely in the depths of my desk for a brighter, more sugar-filled day. C'mon people, it's not like I'm NEVER going to eat sugar again. I wasn't going to toss it or anything. Maybe I'll just forget about it. Interesting fact: this executive is one of the ones who did HCG! 

This weekend S and I are going on (yet another) trip out of town. Yaaaaaay! We are going to the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show! It is faaaaantastic. We are going with another couple-friend of ours, H and P, and staying at a fancy resort. 

Assuming that H and P do indeed need to eat sometime over the course of two days, we are going to have to tell them about the programme. Especially since it is Valentine's weekend and we won't be partaking in any delicious-fancy-restaurant-action. This is ok, but again we have to pack our cooler o' shit, and lug it around with us. Woooo.

BUT! It is a very small price to pay for how I am starting to look and feel. And I have a feeling they will be pretty open-minded to the news :]

World (State) Traveller Extraordinaire, 
M


No comments:

Post a Comment