Friday, February 6, 2009

VLCD Day #5: SUSPICIOUS!

Well I successfully evaded all wine and chicken and cheese nachos last night at "happy-but-not-delicious-or-tipsy-hour" with T. Oh and home made guac. Mmmmmmmm...

So I didn't tell her about my "programme" (spelled the foreign way to make me feel extra cool). I think I'll wait until.... a little longer. Really, we are going to a cabin this weekend with like 20 other people, and I don't want it to slip out in a moment of drunkenness (which will not be mine of course since alcohol is strictly forbidden), and then I have to explain it to EVERYBODY, not just whom I deem worthy of such knowledge. I don't mind if people know I'm on a "diet", just not this particular one. Until I look fabulous, of course, and they're all like "oooh, wooow, M, what DID you do you look FAB!" and I'll be like "Oh yes yes, I know, I really do don't I, I'm just so fabulous, so wonderful" and they'll be all "Oh M, tell us your secret! Your divine way of the gods that made you so fabulously fabulous, DO tell. ANYTHING! I'll do ANYTHING!" and I'll be all "Ok well it all started with..."

...Ahem. I got a little carried away there, didn't I. 

Anyhoo... back to cruel cruel reality... I "only" lost .5 lb today. Now I KNOW that sounds ridiculous to the average dieter and a reason for at least half a tub of Ben and Jerry's as celebration, but it was after only my 4th day of VLCD! Isn't the first week when you are supposed to see these extreme losses and then it sort of slows down from there? Huh?? HUH?!

I'm sure I'm (mildly) flipping out for no reason. Everyone's different, and I know I started out pretty small....but I went to www.happilythinnerafter.com's journal area and looked at everyone else's first week of weight loss, and everyone's lbs were flying off! 

Breathe. Just breathe. 

I know this is normal for other weeks, but it was this first, holy, golden week of pride and fairies and patriotism that is supposed to get you jump started to last through 43 days of roller coasters and pulling your hair out.

S says it's because I didn't walk yesterday, but SO many people to this programme without any exercise whatsoever, so I tend to disagree. I mean I WISH it was that, and that if I walked every day I'd guarantee a 1-2 lb weight loss, but in the end, it's probably the nuances of different people's bodies, and the fact that I was pretty average sized and exercised and ate pretty healthily to begin with. 

Yesterday's exercise:
Nothing unless you count gabbing with your best friend for a few hours

Today on my plate is:
100g of lean, trimmed steak
100g of chicken breast
1 apple
1 tomato
some cucumber slices
some onion
4 cups of jasmine green tea

Weight tracking:
-.5lbs today
-4lbs change overall

Magically suspicious (sung to the tune of the Lucky Charms jingle),
M

No comments:

Post a Comment