Monday, February 9, 2009

VLCD Day #8: Walkin' on Sunshine

Hellooooooo my beautiful, fit, intelligent, savvy readers! (yes that encompasses all of you, I am not directing this to a subsection ;])

Today is a beautiful day. Not only am I down 1 more pound from the weekend, but I am starting to look amazing if I do say so myself! It's hard for me to tell the difference with my clothes off because all I see is "too fat", but when I put clothes on and see how loose my pants are and how fabulously small my waist looks, I rejoice. S notices the loss more when I'm naked. I wonder why THAT is :] He loves me at this weight. In fact, he loves me at my pre HCG weight. And not like a you're-my-wife-and-even-if-you-were-100-lbs-overweight-I'd-still-love-you kind of love, but an I-really-go-crazy-over-your-body kind of love. While I don't see eye to eye with him (obviously, which is why I am participating in this madness), he makes me feel like the most beautiful, sexy, woman in the world, and for that (and about a bajillion other reasons), I love him a MILLION times over. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand how he feels this way, he's into body building and has the most perfect, built, muscular, gorgeous body in the world, so you'd think he'd want the tiny, (society's version of) perfect, body on his wife. But luckily for me, he likes his women with curves :] Sorry, sometimes I have to gush a little about my amazing husband. 

So yes! Everything is going swimmingly. Now I KNOW that I probably won't keep up this extreme rate of weight loss through the entire programme, but it's been a nice boost for the first week. S expects me to lose about 20lbs. My final goal weight is 28 lbs away from my starting weight (so now 22), but that may be unrealistic for 43 days, and I am aware of that. If it is, I will adjust my mindset as necessary. And really, that's just a number I'm shooting for that looked really great on me before, but that was high school so it may not be feasible. Also, I have put on a lot of muscle since S has me doing squats, dead lifts and bench press (the HEAVY weights, with the big bar and plates, not little 10lb hand weights n' such) so I may be too small at that weight. Just looking at myself in the mirror, I would guess that I was about 8lbs lighter than I actually am, judging from my pre-weight lifting days. I haven't weighed myself in about a year - something that helps my quality of life a lot - I generally judge my weight by how my clothes fit and try not to fixate on numbers. 20lbs may be perfect. 

S started his injections today too! Today and tomorrow are his loading days (LUCKY!!!). He doesn't really have weight to lose, but he says he thinks he will lose about 10lbs. I don't think he has that much fat on him, period! Well he injected himself this morning, my brave brave man, like it was nothin'. It will be fun to do this together :]

Well my hunger is officially GONE! And I mean gone gone! (does that mean I "realeased" my hunger? Does it?!) I mean, it's almost noon and I just picked up my cucumber to start munchin', not because I was hungry but because the idea of not eating for so long scares me a little. Slowing down my metabolism is not going to help my post-programme success at all. I need to keep things movin'! 

I don't actually really like cucumbers all that much. They need a lot of salt, and their texture beneath the skin is a little weird to me, but I can do it. Usually I eat thin slices and that's fine...especially with a little seasoning salt. But this chunk thing I am eating more out of necessity than taste. Ugh. Definitely. *gags*

OH!!! OH!!! I almost forgot about something AWESOME!!! A friend at the cabin this weekend brought this amazing little all-natural tablet called Miracle Fruit that makes sour things taste like you're munching on Jolly Ranchers. I am not even kidding. You let it dissolve on your tongue (it takes like 45 seconds - and tastes pretty godawful), moving it around to coat as much of it as you can. Then, you have super altered taste buds for the next half hour to hour! It's like a party in your mouth, without the embarrassing stories the next day. 


We sampled lemon slices, orange slices, grapefruit slices, and even VINEGAR and they all tasted DELICIOUS and CANDY SWEET! This is AWESOME if you're craving sweet things like candy. Also they said it makes Guinness (my favorite beer!) taste just like a chocolate milkshake. I didn't try that of course, but I can't wait to. I am not exaggerating the awesomeness of this, srsly, TRY IT. 

Ok well I should probably get SOME work done today, so for now, I will bid you adieu :]

Yesterday's exercise: 
None

Today on my plate is:
A chunk of cucumber
An apple
A tomato
100g lean beef
100g chicken
Some onions cooked with the chicken
4 cups of jasmine green tea

Weight tracking:
-1lb today
-6lbs change overall

Your Deliriously Happy Patron of the HCG,
M

2 comments:

  1. Miracle Fruit Tablets, huh? Sounds interesting. Do tell if you try the beer experiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this with your cuke.....chop it up and put it in a bowl with a lid. Add Apple Cider Vinegar and Splenda. Shake 'er up! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete