Friday, February 13, 2009

VLCD Day #12: Another One Bites the Dusttaaaaaahhh

Another pound down, another pound down, another pound bites the dustttaaaaahhhhh!

Yeah you read that right. I'm awesome. I was a tad concerned, because at girl's night I had a few sips of WINE. ZOMG. I read on www.happilythinnerafter.com that some people don't find any fault (read: stalls) in substituting their fruit for the day for a glass of wine or two. So, while I don't necessarily think it's healthy to do OFTEN since you need the nutrients that you get from fruit, since you're eating so little, every once in a while it is quite an attractive bargain. I thought I could do it....

I ate my orgasmic half of a grapefruit for breakfast yesterday... or rather the meal closest to the morning, and then saved my apple to see if I wanted wine at girl's night. I thought I could do it. When T handed me a glass (she still doesn't know) and said it was a really good wine, I thought, "Ok, I sorta planned on this." And had a sip. She was right, it WAS a really good wine. 

But then I looked down at my newly flat stomach and my thinner thighs and immediately felt guilty. But I pressed on. Over all, I had about 4 or 5 small sips, and then just couldn't do it. I put the glass down (by this time everyone else had drank a few and there were wine glasses all over the place, so no one noticed) and ate my apple :]

I was proud of me :]

I also drank a ton of extra water, because after a night of wine indulgence I usually am SO bloated the next day. I guess it's silly to think the same would happen with a few sips versus, like, 4 glasses, but I was being cautious.

Looks like I did ok! :]

Yesterday's exercise:
Nothing

Yesterday on my plate was:
100g chicken with cooked onions
Half of a grapefruit with Splenda
4 or 5 sips of Cabernet Sauvignon
100g filet mignon with cooked onions
1 apple

Weight tracking:
-1lb today
-8.5lb change overall

Feeling Fantastic, 
M

No comments:

Post a Comment