Wednesday, February 11, 2009

VLCD Day #10: The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Earth didn't move today. It didn't go up or down or even waver a tiny bit. The Earth is frustrating sometimes, but I know there has to be days like this, it can't move every day! That just wouldn't be natural! Although I do have to say, if the Earth decides that it isn't going to budge tomorrow either, I may have to kick it's ass. 

Now substitute every instance of "the Earth" for "my weight". 

*le sigh* 

It's ok though. I'm about due, I think, losing so quickly and all. I'm also a bit more bloated today (I always gauge by how my rings fit). Sometimes when Aunt Flo starts to pack her things, she gets depressed and starts to drink heavily or something and III get to retain the water. And hey! Maybe I'm losing inches, right? Maybe? Please?

So a tiny voice in the back of my head says "Hey! M! You've been mixing veggies and trying new things and that is BAAAAD", but the logical part of my brain says "that's a bunch of excuses you placate yourself with when the scale doesn't go down" I don't think that having celery with my lettuce is srsly going to stop me from losing weight. Really? REALLY?

So last night I bought some delicious Warner Farms products to spice up our food with a bit (I am now saying OUR because S is on his very first VLCD day today! Woooo give a round of applause to S!) I made a Buffalo Chicken Salad that was on www.happilythinnerafter.com and it was OMG SO GOOD! 10x better even than the Chinese Chicken Salad, which was still delicious. Here is thine recipe:

Chopped romaine lettuce
Celery, chopped
1 Chopped green onion
Emeril's Wing Sauce
Walden Farms Bleu Cheese Dressing
100g chicken, marinated in the wing sauce for an hour

The Walden Farms and the Emeril's both have 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 0 carbs, and it's natural. Weird, huh? It's made with like, water and flavorings and magic. 

So you make your salad and put the cooked chicken over it, and then combine 1/4 cup of the Walden Farms dressing with 1 Tbsp of the Emeril's sauce, and pour it over.

O....M....G. It tastes JUST like hot wings. Not even exaggerating. I will DEFINITELY eat this after the programme o' programmes is complete. S made a good point, not only are we losing weight, but we are finding good meals to eat when this is over, that are both delicious and completely guilt free!

Yesterday's exercise:
None

Yesterday on my plate was:
Chinese Chicken Salad (100g chicken and veggie portion - cabbage and lettuce)
A tomato with salt
Buffalo Chicken Salad (100g chicken and veggie portion - lettuce, green onion and celery)
An apple with Splenda and cinnamon
1 cup of Pretty Darn Good coffee

Weight tracking:
-0lb today
-7lb change overall

Me-Being-The-Same-Weight-As-Yesterday,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment