Friday, February 20, 2009

VLCD Day #19: A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood

One of the perks of living in a state full of plants that can severely injure you and dust instead of grass, is that there are beautiful 73 degree days like today, in February. 

Today for lunch my "team" (as we call our little graphics group at work - I think it's a unity boosting thing) went to lunch at a little outdoor farm on the side of a mountain. It was AMAZING outside. And as I passed the smorgasbord of chocolate-peanut butter cookie bars drizzled in fudge, giant cupcakes doused in coconutty frosting, and mayo-loaded egg salad sandwiches on homemade white bread, I grabbed a raw salad sans cheese and dressing and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my back. 

And now that I am done blowing sunshine up your arse, I'll have you know that I could have mowed down every bit of that sweet sweet buffet of insulin and cellulite and enjoyed every blissful second of it. 

But really, the weather is fabulous, and the thought of laying out by the pool in my bikini NOT looking like something a fisherman discarded whilst harvesting tuna, made me persevere. I ate my raw lettuce, spinach, cucumber and tomatoes, and contemplated the farce of mixing vegetables and what will happen to me tomorrow morning when I step on the scale. 

I think I did pretty damn good :]

And this morning I lost a pound, which really means that in the last three days I have lost a half of a pound, since I had a gain yesterday. Hopefully I have another "woosh" of weight loss tomorrow to make up for the other .5 lb that I should have lost yesterday and today. I'm on a schedule here people, and .5lbs in 3 days does not translate well on my calendar.

Despite my cynical blog, I am in a great mood :] In fact, I am a very happy-go-lucky, pleasant person. The small portion of my life that you see here is just my inner-thoughts about weight loss, which are considerably more pessimistic than the rest of the workings of my brain :]

Know that, and be happy.

Yesterday's exercise:
Nothing

Yesterday on my plate was:
100g grilled chicken
1/2 of a grapefruit with Splenda
100g of Halibut (YUM!) 
Some celery sticks
1 apple
4 cups of jasmine green tea with Splenda

Weight tracking: 
-1lb today
-10.5lbs change overall

The Human Manifestation of Your Hopes and Dreams,
M

1 comment:

  1. hey there! i saw your blog link on happily thinner after and decided to take a look. LOVE the sarcasm! :) your titles alone are freaking hysterical! have a great night!!

    ReplyDelete